Thursday, June 2, 2011

OM


There really is nothing better to hit my reset button like a little yoga. With moving, trying to buy a home, weddings, fundraisers and deadlines finally coming to a brief pause--for the most part-- I finally had a chance to get back into the studio. I feel like a new woman already but BOY did I feel out of the game at first. 
**
What I love about yoga is that it really is an inner practice. Pardon me while I get a little hippie; I promise I won't do this often. If my mind is all over the place, I'm all over the place on the yoga mat. When my mind calms, stops worrying about whats happening around me, and quits competing with my body, I find myself easing into every position as if it's second nature. I've been practicing for about 7 years and I'm still growing and learning in every session (one of these days I'm going to be able to do the above photo!). The older I get the more I realize how important it is to have outlets and to keep the body and mind strong. It's difficult to remember that just because life gets crazy, that doesn't give me the get out of yoga (running, working out) free card. In fact, I need to remember that's when I need these outlets most.

I would love to hear about your outlets and what keeps you balanced! It would make my day!

**I don't know where this photo came from... sorry. Let me know if you find it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...